“Mystery Train” is a fine, fine song — lyrics and sound clip. Why did Elvis cover this Junior Parker song? The key phrase: “whilst driving his Crown Electric truck.” There isn’t enough rockabilly in the world today. Or rock and roll electricians for that matter.
My winter coat is big and green. It has other qualities, but Enron probably has a good dental plan too. The problem about the jacket is that it makes me look like a Christmas tree. Skinny trunk surrounded by a whole bunch of green. After making the mistake of admitting my self-consciousness, Lindsay now shows how much she cares by singing “O Christmas Tree” when I wear the jacket.
I think that’s why I always comment on people’s red shoes. If I was wearing those shoes, then I’d only be a white hat away from having my halls decked.
“O Christmas Tree” is one of those songs that people know the first verse of and then mumble the rest, usually because everyone seems to be saying something different. Apparently they are.
Spurred by a SNL rerun: Lisa Loeb’s “Stay” with hard rock vocals, electric guitar and no bass line — better song? I think it would be. (See what she’s up to these days.)
1) It shall be called a Weblog even though “Blog” is a syllable shorter. Blog is too dreary a word to be used under any circumstances.
2) The Weblog shall be capitalized, following an unnecessary but logical extension of Associated Press style.
3) The Weblog shall conform to AP style. (Case in point: AP on second reference.)
4) The Weblog shall conform to accepted rules of grammar, punctuation and spelling, except when I am in hurry. (Then we will just have to make do.)
5) The Weblog shall be interesting, useful or updated regularly. (Once again, sneaky boolean logic covers all the bases.)
6) The Weblog shall never again mention “boolean logic.”
The rules of the Weblog are subject to change.